With the biggest regret we have to announce that the board has decided to cancel Twents Gitaarfestival 2020!
Since our decision to postpone the Twents Gitaarfestival 2020 we explored the possibilities to transfer it to next fall, somewhere in September or October. Unfortunately we finally had to conclude that it is improbable that we would succeed to accomplish it. Consequently there was no other possibility than to decide to cancel it.
Our decision to cancel the festival was based on:
- An analysis if the implications of the current measures to control the further dissemination of the corona virus in the Netherlands and elsewhere in Europe
- An exploration of the possibilities to transfer just the EuroStrings program, completed with some coherent other activities
- An elaboration of the timescale until the 5th of November
- An estimation of the possibilities to find other venues and other facilities in and around Enschede
- A comparison between the required efforts to organize the festival and our organizing capacity until next October
- An argued estimation to accomplish the organization successfully
Finally we concluded that while the transfer of the entire festival or a substantial part of it would require substantial efforts, the result would be largely unpredictable. Consequently the only reasonable decision was to cancel our festival in 2020.
We hope you all understand and we still hope we can welcome you later at our festival.
We wish you strength and health!
Best wishes, on behalf of the board
More information about EuroStrings at www.eurostrings.eu