The competition is organised by Stichting Twents Gitaarfestival.
Fingerstyle Sologuitar Competition for amateurguitarists, conservatory-students or professional guitarists.
- The competition consists of two rounds. In the first round, audio- and/or video-files will be submitted online. Five finalists will be selected by the jury and announced at Saturday May 9th, 2020. The final round will take place at Sunday May 24th, 2020 at the Oude Markt Enschede. Participation is limited to a maximum of 50 participants and is done in order of registration.
- The maximum playing time for submitted video-files is 10 minutes. In the finals, a maximum playing time of 20 minutes is required. Participants are allowed to repeat maximum 10 minutes from the first round in the finals. Exceeding the playing time can lead to disqualification. When exceeding the time limits the participants will be stopped.
- The choice of program is mostly free, but has to meet the following requirements:
- Every music-genre can be played. In the finals, at least one piece has to be played in the Merle-Travis-picking style.
- Using vocals will not be included in the assessment.
- Using loop-systems is not allowed.
- The program has to be played by heart
– First prize: € 500 + a performance at the next edition of the Twents Guitar Festival in 2021 (with a fee of € 250 inlc VAT)
– Second prize: € 250
– Third prize: A guitar package from Kaj’s Guitarstore
- The admission-fee is only for participants in the finals: €20,- per participant. The amount can be payed in advance of the competition, at the registration desk at the Twents Gitaar Festival.
- Participation is possible for musicians from all countries.
- The order of performance in the finals will be decided by the competition-manager.
- When subscribing, the participant ensures to agree with the jury-decisions and follow directions of the competition-manager.
- When the participant is too late, or absent for the finals without plausible reasons, he/she will be excluded from participation without restitution of the admission-fee.
- Every finalist is allowed to request jury-feedback in written form, per e-mail after the festival.
- There can be no discussion or correspondence about the jury’s judgement.
- The final date to submit incl. video-files is: May 6th, 2020. Subscription via: Registrationform on website
- In the first round, the amount of particpants is limited to 50, in order of registration.
Participation is open to guitar-players of all countries.
By entry every participant declares to agree with:
- the regulations of this competition
- the decisions of the jury
- Data from the registration are stored for a period of at least 1 year after the end of the festival.
- the directions of the competition-managers
- The administration of the competition determines the maximum number of participating guitarists in each category and at the competition as a whole.
- The competition is open to public.
- The first round requires participants to submit their music by e-mail. The final round will be held at the Oude Markt in Enschede
- If a guitar-player is not present in due time he will be excluded from further participation without remittance of the entrance-fee.
- Fully filled-out application – forms, including audio- and/or video-files should be received before the deadline by the secretary of the foundation:
See Application form
Deadline for application: May 6th 2020
- Each application should enclose:
- Video for the first round
- The program fully stated including the duration of each item.