This years festival again features the Twents Gitaarfestival Competition.
This competition is meant for conservatory students and professional guitarists.
This competition is held throughout the entire weekend:
- 1st round: Thursday May 26th
- 2nd round: Friday May 27th
- final: Saturday May 28th
Participants for the competition will be admitted in order of registration. A maximum of twelve participants will advance to the second round. Three participants will be selected for the final.
- first round: 8 minutes – programme of free choice
- second round: 10 minutes – programme of free choice
- final round: 25 minutes – programme of free choice, containing at least 2 different style periods, the pieces of the 1ste round may be featured in the programme of the final round
Please read the official regulations of the competition.
The jury will consist of several renowned European guitarists and classical musicians.
- 1st prize: € 1000,-
- 2nd prize: € 500,-